Anyone know a lot about ballet terms?

Question by whoresannoyme: Anyone know a lot about ballet terms?
So I’m in a ballet class, and this past week my teacher told us to write down the steps so we could practice at home. Anyway, I wrote them down, and towards the end I wasn’t really paying attention to the spelling of the terms. So, one of the terms I wrote down was “tambe.” I’m somewhat new to ballet so when I got home I couldn’t remember what that was. I tried googling it, but I obviously spelt it way wrong, because I can’t find out what it means. Please if anyone knows, help me out! Thanks!

Best answer:

Answer by AJ
tombe is the correct term it is a step in which a dancer falls from one leg to the other, landing with all the weight on the foot that has just moved, while flexing the knee.

What do you think? Answer below!

4 Responses to “Anyone know a lot about ballet terms?”

Leave a Reply